Saturday, December 03, 2005

A shared enthusiasm...

I know I'm not supposed to like Colin Wilson -- or at least I'm not supposed to take him seriously. But I've enjoyed a lot of his books. Poetry and Mysticism, for instance, turned me on to the poetry of Elizabethan scholar A. L. Rowse. I also think there is much to Wilson's insistence on the importance of peak experiences. John Morgan has mounted an excellent Colin Wilson Page and Morgan's Brief Introduction to Colin Wilson's Thought is excellent. Wilson will turn 75 next June. I am already planning to write something about him to honor the occasion.
In the meantime, here's an interview with him.

I also just bought some of Wilson's books. They were out of print, which gives me the opportunity to correct an oversight and introduce people to what I think is one of the best book sites on the Internet: Books & Book Collecting, a subset of Trussel's EclectiCity.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave;
    Thanks for posting that. I think Oates is exactly right -- and nicely demonstrates that faith needn't be sectarian.

    ReplyDelete