Monday, September 11, 2023

Words and the Word …

… Reading as a Spiritual Practice | The Russell Kirk Center. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)


What is so bad about spending all this time on computer screens? More interestingly, do people read less because they spend time on a computer? After all, right this moment, you are looking at a screen and reading a review of a book about reading. Wilson’s book is available on Kindle and those lectures I encouraged for viewing are on a screen. Yet, Wilson empathically says, “[W]e have to be aggressive in turning off the screens… After you remove the time wasted on technology, you may find more time available for reading. You can bring a book with you wherever you go.”

Books these days tend to have small type. I am an old man with cataracts that have yet to ripen. So I use my Kindle a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment