Wednesday, November 01, 2006

This is interesting ...

... I clicked on Petrona, to see what Maxine was up to, and it was taking an ungodly time to finsih loading, so I scrolled and noticed that Maxine had a link to films she has enjoyed. So I clicked it on. Two things surprised me. One was that I didn't realize Maxine was a Mad Max fan. The other was how many of the films that I had seen were also favorites of mine - Blue Velvet, Crouching Tiger, the Three Colors Trilogy. Great minds, I guess. The only one that I had seen that I didn't really like was The Ice Storm - which I actually never finished watching.

As for what Maxine is up to at Petrona: Autumn books: battlefield between the ears.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:50 PM

    Thanks, Frank! I agree that the Ice Storm was a bit of a disappointment -- I was looking forward to it so much, as it came out in the USA about a year before it did over here, and I was a bit disappointed -- but I thought it was quite ambitious. My film list has a bit of a gap of the past 15 years (apart from films I've seen with my children eg lord of the rings) but I am begining to take an interest again now.

    Incidentally, I haven't been up to much becuase I've been on the roof of Jenny's school while she's been observing the Moon from the astronomy tower -- the astronomy club had an impromptu meeting tonight, postponed from last night because of the weather (cloudy). Coincidentally, Cathy was playing in a hockey match so they both got a lift home -- the school is half an hour drive away.

    all best
    Maxine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that sounds at least as interesting as blogging, Maxine. And being a parent is the most important thing one can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:19 AM

    It has its moments, Frank, but blogging is pretty hard to beat!

    (Seriously, I am very lucky in my parent mode, my daughters are really quite lovely, not that I am biased of course.)

    ReplyDelete