Monday, May 14, 2007

What ho, a kindred spirit indeed ..,.

... Walking Nige.

"We inhabit a different world - richer, more detailed, more apparent to all the senses ... the kind of walking that my kind of pedestrians do is a very different affair - marginal, unofficial, unpretty, solitary ..."


Like Nige, "I'm a pedestrian by habit, necessity, desire and conviction. I love to walk everywhere (time and distance permitting). I do not drive ..." - can't say I never have, but did it for only a very short time. Absolutely hated it.

Update: Here is the link Gwendolyn sent for America Walks.

2 comments:

  1. As pedestrians are a minority in the US, we must have our advocates. See "America Walks" for the sad, but true state of affairs around here.
    I agree that the pace of walking is also the pace of good ideas. Ideas that come while driving are harder to remember later, but can still be good if you have the presence of mind to have a notebook and pencil within reach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.americawalks.org/advocacy/resolutions.html

    ReplyDelete