Saturday, April 12, 2008

In case you're wondering ...

... how my public appearance went yesterday afternoon, the answer is quite well, though I think that had more to do with the quality of the audience than any brilliance on my part. The questions were incisive and those who put them were informed and articulate. Most were Drexel students, of course, and once again I was struck by the contrast between what one hears about the younger generation and the reality when one encounters representatives of that generation. These young people clearly read a good deal - though I didn't get the impression that newspapers figured prominently on their to-do lists. I had a great time and learned a lot. I hope those present got as much out of it as I did.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:09 PM

    Glad to hear it went well, Frank. I'd have come out to hear you but I was actually *working* -- back at your old newspaper. Just a couple days a week, but it continues (again) to be a great part-time gig for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:19 PM

    Those present certainly got at least as much out of it as you did, Frank. It was a wonderful event. Thanks again for coming to Drexel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:51 PM

    This makes my naggish day a worthy one. I may cease and will resist the harpery, now, eh? K. Thanks for a bird's eye-review, too, Scott. Kudos times two, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a great time, and that it went well. I'm sure the students found you extremely intriguing :-)

    I was in your neck of the woods two weeks ago, but now I'm harried and hopeless with our new online magazine launch, and just couldn't break away to come back and see you in action!

    ReplyDelete