Monday, November 10, 2008

Allan Brown Profiles Michel Faber


This "odd" author forged his fifth and latest, The Fire Gospel, against a backdrop of personal crisis; but if, like yours truly, you appreciate the difficulty of being dubbed a tad eccentric when you aspire to the full-mental packet of same, you'll no doubt enjoy this unusually sensitive and curiously lengthy (for any newspaper these days) writerly tour-de-fierce loyalty on that two-way street running through the devotion of love (and vicey versy).
p.s. Funny, innit? Frank, we were just e-mulling an element of precisely T/His Via Dolorosa journey . . .
p.p.s. I cannot go *anywhere* since there's snow *everywhere* and accidents and cancellations and black-iced roads and . . . *sigh* . . . story of my little strife :)
p.p.p.s. Yeah, I have all-season radial tires on AMT; however, I still haven't gotten the weight for the truck-bed so . . . there *I* (don't) go (and, again, more than *you* need to know)
p.p.p.p.s. Welp, since I've already gone over-the-top — last night? I had charcoal-barbequed filet mignon, broiled salmon à la quelque chose, braised mushrooms, organically home-grown roasted red carrots (locavoristic, I think they're called), and pecan pie (topped with ice- and whipped-cream) and . . . are you jealous yet? Hope so (because this feast, created by Renée, with an assist from her dog, Rex), made my life, I swear, I'm still stuffed in a good way; not a Salman-Rushdie kind of way, eh? So, thank you more than I can convey (especially in a post about somebody's terrific new book), My Dear Kind Friend (and magnificent cook!:))
p.p.p.p.p.s. Har! I'm shameless, Hon; you thought this couldn't or wouldn't possibly be done? LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment