Thursday, November 13, 2008

"If You Could Read My Mind" . . .

. . . You'd quickly turn the page . . . erm . . . You'd know the legendary creator of "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald," "Early Morning Rain," "The Way I Feel," "Sundown," "Did She Mention My Name," Canadian Railroad Trilogy," and, my personal favourite, "Beautiful," will take his newest show on the road commencing this April. The seventy-year-old troubadour's troubadour, Gordon Lightfoot, plans to hit twenty-one cities across Canada and the United States. (Whoa . . . I'm lucky to make it to the next hamlet . . . Only wish he could do so, too! Then, we could toast twenty-six years of sobriety together since we both quit drinking 9 June 1982.) This clip proves he's lost very little in the top 'n' bottom-note departments of his astonishing tenoregistry:



p.s. Mr. Lightfoot's fancy fretwork's none-too-flabby nor shabby, either, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment