Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Some students ...

... Student Senate denounces Geert Wilders.


God knows, they could sure use an education, especially in regard to the value of free speech. What cave have these "students" been living in?
And would the Daily News label Episcopal Bishop John Shelby Spong "anti-Catholic" because he just published a book critical of the Pope? Surely Islam is not somehow to be made immune to any and all criticism. I happen to think that stoning adulteresses and hanging homosexuals are distinctly dubious practices. Does that make me anti-Islam? I don't think so. I think it makes me anti- stoning adulteresses and anti-hanging homosexuals.

1 comment:

  1. As I close in on the winter solstice of my life span, I am ironically satisfied with my seasonal outlook, especially when I see yet another example of the ways in which important values are being devalued by citizens of the 21st century. Students against free speech and the open exchange of ideas would have seemed to me like an oxymoronic aberration a generation ago. Now, however, instead of me being thoroughly disgusted with student stupidity, I simply look ahead to the end of my season and sadly say instead to the students, "God help you. God help us all." What say you?

    ReplyDelete