Sunday, October 18, 2009

Well, here in Philadelphia ...

... we're taking notice of Bruce Bawer's book. (Hat tip, Dave Lull, who also sent along this: Academia Goes Silent on Free Speech.

Which reminds me of something I should done a while back regarding my review of the book, in which I say, regarding the controversial Danish cartoons, that "only one daily paper in the United States [published any] - the one you happen to be reading." In saying that I was repeating what the book says. As it happens, both the book and I are wrong. Dave Neese, editorial page editor of The Trentonian, sent a letter to The Inquirer (which was published on Sept. 29) pointing out that his paper ran not just one of the cartoons (which is all The Inquirer had printed) but five - and they were much larger reproductions than The Inquirer's. I sent Neese an email and said I would mention it here, but I forgot. Bravo to The Trentonian.

No comments:

Post a Comment