Sunday, September 16, 2012

Very worrisome …

… Instapundit — Just for the record, this is what it looked like for a man who made a film that made the Obama Administration uncomfortable.

See also this: http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/150842/.

This is unusually harsh for Glenn. But the Constitutional questions seem pretty clear:
"Note Althouse’s strikethrough. You are not 'free' when police can come to your door after midnight and demand that you 'come downtown and answer a few questions' over a film you’ve made. Voluntarily, of course. . . ."
My friend Joseph Chovanes asked me to post something, and I was reluctant to, actually. But I decided it would be cowardly not to. And everybody knows I'm a libertarian. Or, more precisely, what my hero Albert Jay Nock was: a Tory anarchist. I wasn't going to publish Joe's name, but he insisted I do so. Brave fellow, since I am sure this is not going sit well with everybody. Let's all try to be polite.

Then there's this: I Demand to be Arrested!

2 comments:

  1. julie6:54 PM

    Thanks Frank. This has no place in a democracy. Where are the protestors?

    "...Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me."

    There is no way to minimize the seriousness of loss of liberty this represents. Where are the protestors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say, Julie? I am so glad that people like you exist.

    ReplyDelete