Sunday, May 05, 2013

Another brouhaha …

 Keynes Was Gay — Not That There’s Anything Wrong with That | National Review Online. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)


What I find interesting about the Ferguson controversy is how disconnected it is from the past. Even academics I respect reacted to Ferguson’s comments as if they bordered on unimaginable, unheard-of madness.
Me, too. And I say that as someone whom a gay friend once declared an honorary homosexual, a designation I proudly accepted. Dave also sent along this, which I found a tad over-heated.

2 comments:

  1. This is precisely the sort of tomfoolery that does no one any service. Castigating Ferguson for his remarks narrows the debate and is akin to preaching to the converted where honest, expansive discussion cannot happen. As a childless, practising homosexual myself, I welcome any discussion that looks at gayness honestly. Hell, I have enough faith in mine for it to withstand any argumentative onslaught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are exactly correct, Vikram.

    ReplyDelete