Tuesday, June 18, 2013

But Decadence can be a good thing too....

Warrior Princess 

A former Navy SEAL has written a book about the 20 years that they spent in the elite squad before living life as a woman...

As Chris, Beck served for 20 years in SEAL team 6 and retired just months before the May 2011 raid on bin Laden's compound...

She has created a garden in the backyard of her home in St. Petersburg, Florida and is opening it up to returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan in an effort to help calm them as they return to civilian life.

'Sitting in my back yard or at my fishpond I no longer feel anger, resentment or depression; I feel peace. I want to give this option of a "peace garden" to my veteran brothers and sisters,' she writes on the group's website under her old name of Chris. 'We fought on the battlegrounds for freedom and the American way of life, now it’s time to be welcomed home to a "Healing Ground."'




Kristin watching Kristin get interviewed last week on Anderson Cooper/CNN.  She was in town on Friday and so we met up and had a drink or two and she watched her and I watched her watch her...when does this get infinitely recursive??

No comments:

Post a Comment