Sunday, March 06, 2016

In case you wondered …

… What's to fear from virtual reality? - Philosophy and Life. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

it's no surprise, then, that gardening and walking, house design and cooking boom in the silicon age. We gaze at growing grass and a setting sun in a daze of half-remembering that life can be embodied. Except that another technology already prescribed the experience for us. The TV. We watch others planting, creating. It's possible that the populous is actually gardening and cooking less, even as interest in the activities increases, because the technology has already narrowed the invitation: don't dig potatoes be couch potatoes.
Well, I harden because I've been doing since I was four years old. At least that's when I can remember first doing it, in the sense that I was helping my mother plant some things. Before I was in my teens I was raising veggies in the back yard and tending to the rest. I also have a very good digital camera that I almost never use.

No comments:

Post a Comment