Friday, April 29, 2016

Q&A …

… and much, much more: Bryan Garner interview: English usage, Google ngrams - Business Insider. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

I tried to contextualize all my searches, so if you want to do "home in on" versus "hone in on," you can't do "home in" versus "hone in" because you end up with a lot usages such as "She has a home in Malibu." So you have to use "homed in on" versus "honed in on" and then you get a good read on it. I showed exactly what my searches were so that anybody else can verify the results.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great place organize an event; they have great staff and great events put on here! I had nothing but great times and great conversations there. They served slider and shrimp cakes as appetizers at event venue with chicken skewers, and eggrolls that had veggies on the inside and some kind of creamy fruit sauce on top.

    ReplyDelete