Wednesday, March 08, 2017

What can't go on forever, won't …

 All hell broke loose at student protest -- and that's not OK (Opinion) - CNN.com.

See also: Liberal Professor Criticizes Middlebury Students, Defends Free Speech.

(Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

There's also this, from Peter Beinart: A Violent Attack on Free Speech at Middlebury.
 Like many liberals, I consider it bigoted to oppose gay marriage. I consider it bigoted to support voting restrictions that disproportionately impact African Americans and Latinos. I consider it bigoted to deny trans students the right to use the bathrooms of their choice. I consider it bigoted to claim that Islam is inherently more violent than Judaism or Christianity. I consider it unconscionable to oppose government action against climate change.
Well, I'm not as sure of anything as Beinart seems to be about all sorts of things (I'm with Norbert Wiener when it comes to science getting into bed with the government),  but I sure agree with him on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment