Monday, November 06, 2017

Out of the blue …

… First Known When Lost: What Happens.

Two lovely trout arriving within days of each other. The World often provides us with beneficences of this sort. In my seventh decade above ground, approaching an inevitable return to dust, I am not entirely surprised when these gifts are bestowed from out of the blue. But I never take them for granted, and I am always grateful.
Mere coincidence, some might say. Not I. We place ourselves in the way of serendipity, or serendipity finds us, or perhaps both. Ah, but where does serendipity come from? I am content to let the inquiry end with that question. I have no need for an explanation. Time will tell. Or it will not.
No, not coincidence. Perhaps what the Greeks called kairos, a time appointed. Something ordained.

No comments:

Post a Comment