Sunday, February 04, 2018

Everybody calm down …

… The Scariest Catholic in America - The New York Times. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

I wrote about Father Martin’s novel The Abbey and interviewed him via email. I am myself Jesuit-educated. I exercise power of attorney for a friend who is both Catholic and gay. I assumed that responsibility while his life partner was still alive. My impression of Father Martin is that he is a good priest. That can get you into trouble with those on the lookout for sinners to hurl stones at. I am impressed at Archbishop Chaput’s defense of him. And, like the Archbishop, I am no progressive.

2 comments:

  1. I did not read Frank Bruni's piece in yesterday's Times. I did, however, read Joe Drape's piece in the sports section, which revealed that Fr. Martin is a die-hard Eagles fan, as is his mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What more is there to say?

    ReplyDelete