Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Hmm …

… When Catholics Criticize the Pope | Dan Hitchens | First Things. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

Even if the pope does not intend the present doctrinal confusion, it still calls for an urgent remedy. Leo XIII was speaking out of a well-established tradition when he quoted an ancient warning: “There can be nothing more dangerous than those heretics who admit nearly the whole cycle of doctrine, and yet by one word, as with a drop of poison, infect the real and simple faith taught by our Lord and handed down by Apostolic tradition.” 
My own loyalty is to God, who I am sure will resolve these matters in good time.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo on a well written and researched blog.
    It is a cold day in early 2018 so I thought I would stay inside and do some exploring on my computer. After reading several rather mundane articles I came across your delightful piece.

    Thank you again for sharing your expertise with one so unenlightened.

    Jenny H
    jennyhines56@gmail.com
    http://rocknrollmemorabilia2017.com/united-states/

    ReplyDelete