Friday, April 12, 2019

Hmm …

… Andrew Ferguson: The Joys of Reading a Print Newspaper - The Atlantic. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

The newspaper involved in my little experiment in home delivery was The Wall Street Journal, but any of the daily newspapers on offer in my city would have made for a similar success. There are things specific to the Journal that I love, but the same holds true for The New York Times, and The Washington Post too, and even the Financial Times, which is a magnificent work of journalism, despite being printed on orange stock. 
The journal is the best paper in the country, and I read it online. As for the rest, I beg to differ. The Times Book Review, for which I once wrote, is a shadow of its former self. I continue to subscribe to The Inquirer, but out of loyalty, not enthusiasm. Also, I guess I feel comfortable in front of a computer, having been stationed in front of one since 1980.

No comments:

Post a Comment