Wednesday, January 08, 2020

In praise of spuds …

… Reflections on Chanukah and Latkes. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)
 Benny, an Italian-American building manager, once told me that I should put a cold potato on my head for headaches. He said, “Put the potato in a refrigerator, cut the potato into pieces, and put them in a cloth around your head. It sucks the swelling right out.”
One of the folk remedies for fever when I was growing up putting a potato sliced in half lengthwise into your socks, putting them on before going to bed. I seem to recall it worked, but I was hardly a seasoned observer at the time.

Well, now: How to Use a Potato to Heal Your Entire Body (Including Detox, Fever, and Infections).
I’ve recently learned about a folk remedy for fever using potatoes. If you suffer from fever, all you need to do is put a slice of chilled raw potato at the bottom of your feet. Put it in your sock and leave for a 2-3 hours to break the fever.
While there is no scientific evidence to support it, a lot of people claim that it helps to reduce fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment