Thursday, January 09, 2020

My home town …

… City of Clubs by Clare Coffey. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

This is a pretty good assessment of the place as it is now. The town has changed a lot since I dropped in 78 years ago. I think she means the American Philosophical Society. not the American Theosophical Society (though there is a Theosophists Lodge, somewhere on Walnut Street, I think). I started life in North Philly, but grew up in Torresdale, which is as far northeast in the city as you can get. I lived in Germantown for 20 years and now I not only live in South Philly, I live right off the Italian Market. Here is a shot of it (taken by some one named Massimo Catarinella).

Anyway, I know the city very well, having actually walked all around it over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment