Thursday, June 09, 2022

Interesting and disturbing …

A Disturbing Poll in the Aftermath of the Attempted Assassination of Brett Kavanaugh.

Perhaps the most striking aspect of the poll is the generational difference. Older men and women of either party are significantly less likely to approve of the assassination of political opponents than their younger counterparts.

I started life in North Philly. I happen to be street smart and street tough. The younger generation, so far as this old man can tell, seem to think that talk alone counts. Talk can sometimes. The guy who once came at me while opening a switchblade certainly figured out something when I positioned my walking stick (I’ve been carrying them for years) in a somewhat peculiar way and said to him in a perfect Clint Eastwood sotto voce, “Go ahead, make my day,”  He figured out that I wasn’t going to hit him in the head exactly. I was going to take out one of his eyes. He folded up his knife and walked away. Smart move, fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment