Saturday, August 27, 2022

Authentic worship …

… The Secret Of Latin Mass (And Divine Liturgy) - The American Conservative. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

I have always supported the Latin mass's availability, because my gosh, why would you not? I cannot understand at all why Pope Francis is so bound and determined to crush this venerable rite of the Catholic Church. Anyway, as a Catholic, I understood in my mind why it affected people so strongly, and wanted them to have access to that. But for some reason, it left me cold.

I grew up with the Latin Rite. If they wanted it said, they should have just used the translation in the missals, which wasn’t tin-eared. For instance:

It is truly meet and just, right and availing unto salvation that we should at all time and in all places give thanks unto Thee, O holy Lord, Father almighty and everlasting God …

That has been reduced to “it is right and just.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment