Tuesday, December 27, 2022

A most important piece …

… Conscience, Brain, and Scientistic Pseudo-Understanding,

Part of what is offensive about this rubbish is that a great and humanly very important topic is treated in a jocose manner.  (I am assuming, charitably, that the author did not write his piece as a joke.) But that is not the worst of it.  The worst of it is the incoherence of what is being proposed.

I am not a scientist, though, having having had three lab courses in science (physics, biology, and chemistry) I am sufficiently literate scientifically to have done a good bit of science editing (also medical editing). I think that Covid made it clear that the media these days doesn’t really know science.This article makes clear the nature of the problem. The writer of the piece being critiqued should have asked more questions, rather than just extrapolate on his own. I think I share the views of the writer of the piece, but it’s wise to be careful,

No comments:

Post a Comment