Saturday, October 14, 2006

Dave Lull sends along ...

... Bill Kauffman, An Introduction. I am not a fan myself, but that is neither here nor there. I would link to my review of Look Homeward, America if I could.

Update: I couldn't find it online, but the intrepid Dave Lull could. So here is the forementioned review: Alternative history's big helping of scorn. A word of caution: This is my account of how the book struck me. Obviously, it has struck others differently. Who's right? Who knows?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Dave. I think this is great. What better way to help readers make up their minds than to present them with a range of views? Also, it gives me a chance to see if I'm in the majority or the odd man out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, as it happens, I am the odd man out. I must be more cosmopolitan than I think. I must also be the only person without a touch of nostalgia to review the book. Reading the other reviews, I am surprised at what passes for conservatism these days - and I was once eastern Pa. chairman of Youth for Goldwater. Well, maybe I shoudln't be surprised. There was always a Luddite, isolationist wing of the conservative movement.

    ReplyDelete