Saturday, February 03, 2007

I am not temperamentally inclined ...

... to apocalyptism, so global warming hysteria leaves me cold. Glenn Reynolds' position as outlined here pretty much corresponds to my own. But I also find Donald Sensing's What if global warming is a good thing? definitely worth pondering.

Update: Scott Stein sends along this link to Climate of Fear: Why We Shouldn't Worry About Global Warming.

Also, Philadelphia Magazine's profile of Penn professor Bob Giegengack is definitely worth your time.

Just my way of letting you know there's more to all this than you may be getting from the MSM.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:37 AM

    Then you might want to ponder Climate of Fear, which the Cato Institute has made available for free here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm late with this comment--I think we agree on global warming. I watched online segments of a 60 Minutes program one scientist finally got around to predicting a rise in the oceans of 3 feet, and I wanted to ask, "Why is that so terrible?" I can see that it could hurt coastland property, but that's not why hollywood liberals are making movies about it. Heh, heh, or is that the reason?

    On a related note, is there any evidence for tropical cooling, by which I mean that the poles may be warming up and the tropics cooling down?

    ReplyDelete