Sunday, July 22, 2007

There is no truth ...

... only autobiography ... or something like that. And so: It Doesn't Matter that Journalists Misquote Everyone.

"Journalists who think they are telling 'the truth' don't understand the truth. We each have our own truth." Gee, I never knew that. And I've always taken great pains to make sure I quoted people accurately. I also always took pains to make sure what was quoted was placed in context. I even thought I was tring to tell someone else's story, and not just my own, over and over again, all the time. Silly me. Not surprising, though, since I "don't understand that the truth." I thought it had something to do with the conformity of the mind to reality. Obviously, though, it's just the way people see things - nobody's right and, of course, nobody's wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment