Sunday, May 18, 2008

A little caritas, please ...

... Speaking for Myself - The Autobiography by Cherie Blair.

What I have just read in this review constitutes just about everything I know about Cherie Blair. There is much I can identify with - working class, absent father, grandmother who cleaned. Why this would bother anyone - at least to the extent that it continues to rankle years later - I do not understand. But, as I've said many times, I'm a shallow fellow. I certainly know people who are still angry over things a parent, now long dead, did or didn't do to or for them. (I am referring, of course, to people who bring this up constantly and use it to justify their often ill behavior. I do understand how that sort of hurt can stay with you.) I don't get that either.
Still, this review conveys something that makes me feel sympathetic to Cherie Blair - and certainly resentful of the boorish comment appended to the review by one Bob from Warrington.

No comments:

Post a Comment