Saturday, October 04, 2008

I must be crazy ...

... See a Pattern on Wall Street?

I feel no great sense of control over most events to begin with. My reaction to the recent financial tumult has been to conclude that most of the people bloviating about it are mostly guessing. My instinct when things look like they may not be going the way I hoped is to prepare for the worst. I actually tend to pay less attention to details at such times, preferring to let my fatalism kick into gear. For some reason, this miinimizes bad feelings such as worry, which means that, overall, I feel better - maybe not great, but not all that bad. This seems to me the best a eudaimonist can do under the circumstances. Oh, and I could see the figure in the one picture, but thought that seeing any in the other was a stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment