Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Latest on THE Goddess . . .

Two of Dr. Mary Beard's Sather Lectures (on humour, in fact) are now freely available for download; and, she's learning to say, "Enjoy!" She has a beautiful voice (especially if you're partial to English accents, which I am).

(If I were commenting on her Blog, I'd lobby for the six of the lectures, upon completion, to be both published and transferred to CD for peeps such as yours truly who cannot download huge files easily. I have to do it overnight, it takes so many hours . . . Took me five-and-a-half to D/L Ed's interview with Marilynne Robinson; but, man-oh-manna, it was worth every grrrrind of it. And, no, I don't have a cellphone because we still don't have towers for 'em in this nook of the woods in Northern Ontario.)

No comments:

Post a Comment