Sunday, October 05, 2008

What's the Best Graffito You Remember?

The Independent's running a piece concerning the writing on the wail, er, you know; however, this aspect of our popular culture has always intrigued and fascinated me. (FTR, shouldn't the lead sentence more accurately read, Graffiti is the way that a society communicates among its constituent members?)

When I was child, mebbe nine years old, I learned a universal truth spray-painted on the concrete dock where one would catch the boat to Beaumaris, an island retreat in Lake Muskoka:

"Ziggy has hot chuds."

Now, I still have no idea what a chud is; but, I've often wondered what Ziggy did with said smokin' items.

Some of the best I've discovered? "Fighting for peace is like boinking for chastity." "The Moral Majority's neither." "Auntie Em: Hate you. Hate Kansas. Took the dog. Love, Dorothy."

However, my all-time forever memorable? "Came. Waited. Godot didn't show. Had to go."

Love, Pozzo

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:46 PM

    I just saw a bumper sticker (mobile graffiti) that I liked a lot: "I'm having a pretty good day. Please don't f*ck it up."

    My other favorite bumper sticker is one that my eldest bro, who lives in New Orleans, told me about. This dates back to when the very corrupt (whole lotta embezzling, fraud, etc.) multi-term governor, Edwin Edwards, was running for another term against the white supremacist KKK leader, David Dukes. The bumper sticker read: "Vote for the crook. Please."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howwwwwwwwlllllllll!!!!!!!!!

    I'm still laughing which is why I am trying to be serious and make nice posts. When I first read the mobile one? Got' em, got 'em, want it so much, need it even more (in redneck country, right?). Sorry, my jaw's aching. I wasn't ready for it; the best kind! Thank you :)! It's gonna be a great day in this neck of the world!

    (The second reminds me of one here: Don't let Quebec separate; kick 'em out!)

    ReplyDelete