Wednesday, October 01, 2008

What's New, Now, and Next in Canadian Letters?

The Globe and Mail's James Adams dishes the details on the usual suspects and some appeteasing comin'-uppers in his rich biblio-harvesting.

(For those who need to know, ex-Prime Minister Paul Martin's degrees were in philosophy; PLUS, he's a Scrabble™ Maniac, BION; hence, I doubt a ghost-writer inked his offering OR he did any professional thieving, as T. S. Eliot so astutely dubbed it when distinguishing between the amateur and the pro scribe.)

3 comments:

  1. Among new Canadian books in the current affairs category not mentioned in this article, this one might be interesting: The Tyranny of Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I check, Dave? Somehow, I don't think this book has to do with the Riviera :) . . .

    Oy moi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kathy Shaidle! Yeah, she's going through HELLO? for no good reason I can see; this book will kick asterisks to the curb, I bet; but, in 1998, although I gave her book, God Rides A Yamaha, a deservedly good review, I wasn't happy promoting Yamaha over H-Ds, not at all (but, talk synchronicity! While you were thinking Kathy, I was thinking Dennis "Easy Rider" Hopper offa Edward "Nighthawks" Hopper. (Cue "Twilight-Zone" Tone . . ..)
    p.s. If there's snow in your neck of the world's forecast, as there is in mine (for tomorrow), I hope you have your winter tires at the ready; I do :)

    ReplyDelete