Saturday, November 01, 2008

Edward's On The Beam

Oh, wow! Am I glad I visited since your Reluctant Habits, Ed, look especially sparkly! Bat Segundo's got back-to-almost-back gem-packed 'views with Alec Foege and Neal Stephenson! Whoa . . . Payola, eh? It's rampant in these har parts and when you are asked about it, you say nada because if you don't, you have long black shiny helicopters . . . and, they're not looking for magic mushrooms :). Funny intro, Ed. I'll remember that if we ever meet for a coffee and doughnut.

Husserl? Hrm. I would've pegged NS as a Kierkegaardian (or, even, Heideggerian) . . . And, yeah, sad about Studs and William. Nice pieces. Lovely peaces. Reading and writing both :) . . .

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:14 PM

    Wow, Judith. You make me blush with all the effusiveness! Well, there's two more Segundo podcasts I'm working on -- one particularly apposite one for Election Day. You should see the ravenous junketeers here in New York, Judith. They'll take damn near anything, and think little of integrity (or challenging questions). I liked Roger Ebert's helpful advice for journalists on this issue, which I sent to Frank and he linked to.

    All best,

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I'll check that one out, now, thanks to your rec; but, let's get down to the important stuff, okay? Bottom line? After I left your edrants place a couple days ago, Ed? Thinking about the Key of C and all that? (Oh, I admit it, I was the only one brave enough to leave a comment, I noted with some small satisfaction; I was alone appreciating your bodily humzinger, IOW.) Anyway, I found the greatest piece on flatulence — comments inclus and, who says Canadians ain't funny, er, humourous? — I've seen in millennia. Go floor it! Va-va-v-room-emptying time :) . . .
    p.s. I don't think you can catch a cyber-hantavirus from reading about mouse farts . . . yet; but, you'll have to link to this piece to justify your Centrist Fartistical Window-Cracking Proclivities, hehe . . .
    p.p.s. I'm staying away from edrants till the air clears (prolly sometime around midnight tomorrow evening?), LMFAO, er, FMFAO, er, HMNOSE!
    p.p.p.s. What does this say about us? We are supposed to be learned and leading-edge-a-micated intellectual arbiters of literary taste and excellence, pppphhhhfffrrrrtttt!

    ReplyDelete