Saturday, November 08, 2008

This is interesting ...

... Ludicrous (and not so ludicrous) things about Prayer For the Dying.

I saw Prayer and I think I rather liked it, certainly more than The Crying Game, which, apart from Forest Whitaker, was risible. I couldn't believe that people were surprised when Jaye Davison turned out to be a guy. Guess they should have hung out with more gay people - the bar was unmistakable, meaning Fergus (Stephen Rea) was a colossal doofus. But Mickey Rourke has turned in some fine performances - The Pope of Greenwich Village, Angel Heart, Barfly, Rumblefish, Diner. True, there's Nine and 1/2 Weeks, but we all make mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. Even fifteen years later, I still find myself thinking sometimes about Forest Whitaker's performance in The Crying Game. What a fine actor he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and in that film, he's like a jewel in a heap of litter.

    ReplyDelete