Tuesday, December 02, 2008

One-Hundred Reasons to Read Books

Since this wonderful list came into existence at the turn of the century, two of my books have made their way onto it.

Natch, I am proud to promote it; and, you cannot call me underhanded because full-disclosure rules. Please note, however, the three top poetry collections in the country (which did not, apparently, make de grade), three I wholly endorse, especially The Selected Gwendolyn MacEwen, particularly since she, too, was persecuted by the PTBullshit and died for no gawd-damned good reason I shall ever believe nor see at an obscenely young age (unless, as has been suggested to me, she was just too good for her lack-lustrous jealous competition; can you imagine living in a country where some writers actively do nothing eloquently to enable the death of another to get their work out of the way? Don't come to Canada, eh?).

(I do miss her terribly; she is an amazing writer; and, she is my forever friend. ^i^)

No comments:

Post a Comment