Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Shoe-Icide?

There's this hilarious round-up video clip at CNN concerning the shoe-fly guy; but, IMO, The National Post asks the wrong question:

Will deft shoe-dodge improve Bush's image?

"Elena Razlogova, an assistant professor at Concordia University, surmised in an e-mail from Moscow that regardless of how Mr. Bush reacted to the situation, the damage has been done."

Sorry? Wrong dumber. IMO, President Bush's star shone more brightly than I've ever seen it; I thought he was magnificent, graceful, and cooler than a cuke. Great reflexes. Took it all in stride. Came off smelling like a rose, as far as that goes. And, he himself couldn't help but crack a smile when all was said and flung. Utterly memorable occasion (and, divinely fine, to boot. What a hoot!).

(This is not a political post. Repeat: This is not a political post. Every time I see the WTF expression on the president's face in the pic accompanying this piece, I dissolve in joyous laughter. Best medicine on the block. For the first time in my cyber-life spanning twenty-some years, I think I am going to wallpaper my desktop with this image.)

2 comments:

  1. Al Maliki tries to intercept the second shoe but misses, a sad commentary on the state of hand eye coordination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egawds, David, I shudder to think what would have happened if he had managed to get it together and deflected that projectile.

    GWB was all over it; he saw it coming; and, he was instantly brother downed. But, you're right: That says something awfully revealing about a nation state that can't re-boot straight :).

    ReplyDelete