Friday, December 05, 2008

Something in the way ...

... of change.

Last night's final post was a miniature review - of a short story by Susan McCallum-Smith. The thought occurred to me recently that, since this is a blog, and since I am retired, I am free to pretty much do whatever the hell I like. And so I have decided, from time to time, to discuss what I am reading - as I read it. I will probably write about each of the stories in McCallum-Smith's collection as I read them. I may even write about whatever classics I may be re-reading So be forewarned: This book blog is going to have a lot more about the books I happen to be reading, which may not be books that anybody else is reviewing or that are on anybody's best-seller list. Reading, after all, is a very personal matter.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:06 AM

    A personal matter, indeed, albeit one that so many of us feel obliged to take public (knowing, all the while, that our thoughts will probably be misunderstood).

    Which is not to say that I don't support your ambitions (for I do)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the writing-about-what-I'm-reading club, Frank. Always happy to have a new member!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Frank. Looking forward to those posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you'd expect, I say it sounds like a good idea to me. Also, my exposure to book reviews has dropped a lot recently and I miss that. You mention some stuff I'd never notice otherwise - a recent entry about a Charlemagne book peaked my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. James: Jeff Sypeck's Becoming Charkemagne. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete