Sunday, April 12, 2009

Thought for the day ...

I think that if any of us examines his life, he will find that most good has come to him from a few loyalties, and a few discoveries made many generations before he was born, which must always be made anew. These too may sometimes appear to come by chance, but in the infinite web of things and events chance must be something different from what we think it to be. To comprehend that is not given to us, and to think of it is to recognize a mystery, and to acknowledge the necessity of faith. As I look back on the part of the mystery which is my own life, my own fable, what I am most aware of is that we receive more than we can ever give; we receive from the past, on which we draw with every breath, but also - and this is a point of faith - from the Source of the mystery itself, by the means which religious people call Grace.
- Edwin Muir

1 comment:

  1. Hi Frank,

    Thanks for your first two posts of the day.

    I have been re-enjoying the Lari White rendition of Amazing Grace this year: YouTube: Lari White: Amazing Grace.

    Happy Easter!

    Yours,
    Rus

    ReplyDelete