Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Good news ...

... at least for me: Walking could protect brain against shrinking, US research says. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

The study suggest that nine miles a week – or in the urban US terms of the data, 72 Pittsburgh city blocks – is the optimum distance for "neurological exercise".

Well, I've walked more than 10 miles in the past two days. And I've been walking like that all my life. I just love to walk. I am never more myself than when I am walking by myself. I don't care much about living long, but I do care about living well. And I say this on the eve of entering my 70th year. (I had to write that, in order to bring the reality home to myself. Oh my.)

1 comment:

  1. May you have the happiest of birthdays, Frank, and enjoy your walk into the rest of your (long) life. :)

    best,
    lisa

    ReplyDelete