Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Memory lane ...

Not long after the Phillies game tonight I switched over to Turner Classic Movies to see what was going to be on. Turned out it's critics' choice month, and the critic choosing tonight was my old college classmate Dick Corliss, whom I haven't seen in decades (though we have exchanged the occasional email). I was glad to see he has finally grown a beard, and that his hair is white, while mine is still gray (though my beard is white). The only really odd thing was that he didn't sound the same. He sounded fine, but somehow different from what I remember. His pick was Citizen Kane, which I decided not to watch, since I've seen it so many times. The interesting thing about Dick and me is that we both ended up doing exactly what we wanted. Bully for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment