Saturday, December 04, 2010

Oh, that should be good ...

... The Gub'mint wants to run the Internet like the Post Office.

The other day, I had to post a certified letter. So on my way home I stopped by the Post Office -- the one at Ninth and Market, one of the biggest in the city, with a series of service windows as long as a city block. It was about 4:30. Only two of those service windows were open. There were about 10 people in line in front of me. What would have taken a few minutes at any half-decently run enterprise, took nearly half an hour. Government enterprise. Then there's the state stores. How can any sentient person think that the government is the best option to run anything?

1 comment:

  1. Does the government effectively run anything? Perhaps the military, though my 25 years in the Navy give me plenty of examples that would contradict that proposition. Nevertheless, I would suggest that the federal government ought to be limited to national defense. All other enterprises ought to be left to either state and local governments or commercial interests. How is that for radical!

    ReplyDelete