Thursday, February 09, 2012

FYI

I post on this blog from Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh state in India (will shortly start doing it from Bombay). Google has recently made changes to its content settings making them region specific. When I type booksinq.blogspot.com, it changes to booksinq.blogspot.in, and the page then loads.

I am not sure this is a good thing. Books Inq is not a site which will ever run foul of Indian authorities' idea of allowable content. But I do not like the idea of being beholden to whatever their idea of such content is.

2 comments:

  1. You might find Brandon Watson's comments interesting in his blog posting "Admin Note, Especially for Australians":

    http://branemrys.blogspot.com/2012/02/admin-note-especially-for-australians.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave! You know what, I have a feeling Google will have a tiff with China over NCR and then chicken out and implement no NCR globally.

    ReplyDelete