Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hmm …

… Marco Rubio and the media’s curiously inconsistent approach to science. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

Yes, the worst sin isn’t even supposing that a prevailing view might be questioned but, rather, giving comfort to creationists. Dunh dunh dunh!


This prompted me to look up the definition of creationist. According to the Free Online Dictionary it is this:  "Belief in the literal interpretation of the account of the creation of the universe and of all living things related in the Bible."  Which is what I thought it meant. So I, who believe in a Creator, am not a creationist, since I don't take the Biblical account of creation literally. So, while Nagel's book might provide some material for someone like myself to defend my belief in a creator, it provides no help whatsoever in defending the notion that the Biblical account of creation is meant to be taken literally. So Blackburn, in his New Statesman review, either doesn't know what he's talking about or is equivocating.





No comments:

Post a Comment