Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Oh, no …

Dave has just sent me links bearing heartbreaking news. I will have more to say later. I have to try to take this in.

… In Memoriam – Maxine Clarke | Confessions of a Mystery Novelist…

… Vale Petrona | Reactions to Reading.

… Euro Crime: My Friend Maxine.

 'Do You Write Under Your Own Name?': Maxine Clarke.

 Maxine « barbara fister’s place.

… Maxine Clarke – Petrona – a tribute to a dedicated crime fiction reader | It's a crime! (Or a mystery...)

… Tribute to Maxine Clarke / Petrona | Mrs. Peabody Investigates.

… MYSTERIES in PARADISE: Maxine (Petrona) will be sorely missed.

… Aly Monroe. The Official Blog: Maxine Clarke.

… Maxine Clarke of Petrona « CRIME SCRAPS REVIEW.

… We Remember… | Confessions of a Mystery Novelist…

7 comments:

  1. This is extremely sad news. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. May her soul rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very sad. My condolences to her family. She was a generous spirit and always worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Links to remembrances of Maxine by her friends among crime fiction bloggers can be found here:

    http://www.blenza.com/linkies/links.php?owner=mkinberg&postid=19Dec2012b

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frank, I always associate you and Maxine as a pair of generous souls. You helped me out when I started my Detectives Beyond Borders blog, and Maxine posted its first-ever comment--announcing that she had come to my blog through yours.

    It won't surprise you to learn, given Maxine's love of books, that when we met for the first time, it was for lunch at the cafeteria of the British Library in London.
    =========================
    Detectives Beyond Borders
    "Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
    http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The world is a much emptier place without Maxine, Peter.

    ReplyDelete