Wednesday, August 02, 2023

A sound analysis …

… An Epistemic Crisis? - by Arnold Kling - In My Tribe.  

The Blue team claims to be the good guys. But if you have to lie, then you are not the good guys. You cannot get on your high horse about “threats to democracy” and “misinformation” without facing up to the reputational damage caused by suppressing the lab leak hypothesis, the Hunter Biden laptop story, and the impact of race-based admissions to Harvard.

If journalists (I am one) would not simply read other journalist, but would go to science sites and medical sites they would have a better perspective. I used to be a medical editor and a science editor. I also worked for quite a few years in the field of arms control and disarmament. Within two weeks I was pretty sure Covid came out of the lab in Wuhan. I was also suspicoius of the vaccines, which were put together in an alarmingly short time. It usually between five and seven years for a vaccine to be approved. The mRNA vaccines target the immune system. My immune system has been bery bery good to me. I don’ t want to mess with it. The possibility, noted fairly early, of cardiomyopathy was especially to me because I happen to be in the top 1 percent of those likely to die of a heart attack. So I didn’t get vaxxed. I also didn’t get Covid. Thanks to wife being in and out of the hospital and rehabs at the time I was tested continually. Always negative. (People have that no self-respecting microbe would have anything to do with me. Which is fine by me.)  But we must be skeptical about what today’s journalist report.

No comments:

Post a Comment