Sunday, January 18, 2015

Checking for the right words....

As I understand it (and my understanding is a few kilobytes short of a megabyte), when Schmidt fires up the Anachronism Machine and feeds a script into it, it maps the script’s words and phrases against a Google database consisting of the full texts of six million books and spits out a graphical rendering of the likely anachronisms the script is guilty of. The machine isn’t perfect—it doesn’t catch everything, it yields a certain amount of false positives, and it requires human interpretation. But so does a CT scan.

10 comments:

  1. Kill me for saying this but I find this whole anachronism business a bit posh. We all know that Masters of Sex is set in an era where words like cash cow did not exist but what is the harm in those characters using vocabulary that merely makes things clearer to a modern audience. It's not like they are referring to truly anachronistic things like the iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Very nice work keep it up thanks for sharing the knowledge to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a nice article. Thank you so much for your efforts. Definitely, it will be helpful for others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really happy to say that I deeply read your article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am searching like this type valuable information, it’s really helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel happy about and learning more about this topic.

    ReplyDelete

  8. This content creates a new hope and inspiration with in me. Thanks for sharing article like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep it up. Thank you so much for sharing this article

    ReplyDelete

  10. It’s a very informative post to us, I have visited.

    ReplyDelete