Thursday, March 31, 2016

Epiphany …

 One Cheer for Ayn > James Como. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

My belief in individuality as trumping race, ethnicity, ideology or any othercollectivi (with the possible exceptions of close family and a very few friends) is that it affords me Freedom, a freedom worth more to me than all the equality in the world that anyone could faithfully promise. Freedom to work, to acquire, to give as I choose; to dissociate myself from beliefs and values I reject, to think and speak as I please (within the bounds of Lord Moulton’s moral admonition of Obedience to the Unenforceable), and freedom not to be sullied by envy. A freedom that affords a person – that is, a Person – the dignity of experiencing the consequences of exercising that freedom. In short, better a Person than a particle, for personal dignity and genuine identity beat any mass, always.
Precisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment