Monday, July 19, 2021

Some things you should know …

… Do drug trials underestimate side effects? - Sebastian Rushworth M.D.

When drug companies have gotten a drug approved, and move on to market the drug, they will studiously avoid mentioning the fact that large segments of the population were excluded from the trials. When drug reps show their flashy powerpoints to gatherings of doctors, say for a new drug to lower blood pressure, they will always present impressive looking graphs of benefit, and they will of course point out how safe their drug was shown to be in the trials. Not once will they mention that the groups of patients the doctors will primarily be prescribing the drug to weren’t even included in the trials.

I am by no means an anti-vaxxer. I thought I didn’t need a shingles shot because I had never had chicken pox. I was wrong. I got the shot.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment