Saturday, March 18, 2023

I love it …

 St. Patrick Glad He Brought Christianity To The Anglo-Saxons So Their Descendants Could Get Plastered And Punch Each Other | Babylon Bee.

My favorite St. patrick’s Day is the one when my beloved first wife and I went to Irish club in Mount Airy. We’re sitting at the bar. There is a great band playing great Irish songs Just before they finish they ask if anyone has a final. I immediately say, ‘How about ‘God Save the Queen’? The place goes silent. My wife leans over and says, “Why the hell would you say that?” Unperturbed, I said to the others at the bar, “I thought we were Irish, and had a sense of humor.’ Whereupon we all laughed, and one guy said, “ You’re a wise ass, right?’ Isaid, ‘I fear so.’ We all left as friends.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:04 PM

    Anglo-Saxons? The Onion knew better than that.

    ReplyDelete