Thursday, January 12, 2006

The question of trust ...

Paperback Writer wonders, in Perception: "how can you tell when someone on the internet is lying to you?"
Really good liars are hard to detect even when you're sitting face to face with them, actually. I know this from having had a number of friends in low places.
As for those who may be lying on the internet, I have grown suspicious of people who preface their criticism of the Bush administration by saying that they are lifelong Republicans or conservatives. This is supposed to give added weight to their views, I gather.

1 comment:

  1. I, too , am disappointed in Oprah. Sprinkling her magical wonder dust all over Frey last night during a call-in to the Larry King Live show, left his mother fairly giddy with glee and Frey looking happily stunned. I can't help but think that she may have been hasty and might regret it. Frey looked like the cat who ate the canary. And so it goes.

    ReplyDelete